What is the job?
Journalism Intern for a magazine.
What knowledge, skills, and attitudes are needed to be successful in the job?
I will need at least 2 years of college journalism courses. Need to have writing/editing experience for a newspaper, magazine, website, yearbook, etc. In addition, I need MS Office experience, excel commutication, writing, organizing, and proofing skills.
Thinking about your current knowledge, skills, and attitudes, what would you need to do to prepare yourself for the job?
I would need to at least sit in as an intern for a local magazine or radio/television station. I also would also need to take a few more Mass Communication courses to better acquaint myself with the job requirement and technical details I might need in order to be successful. I think this would be a great starting off point to get me started on something bigger. My ultimate goal, should I actually intend to pursue this career, would be an editorial or a freelance writer for a magazine or a newspaper. However, there are many steps I would need to take in advance in order to make a name for myself in the business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment