The tool I chose to try our was Google Earth which allows satellite and aerial imagery of just about any place you can imagine. It is a free program that you simply download to your computer. From there, your research options are limitless. This tool is useful not only for adults, but teenagers and children as well.
You may navigate through the site using the various links on the page, and there is also a very handy tutorial link on the page that will give you step-by-step intstructions on how to use the tool, no matter what you may be looking for.
If you are using it for your business, you can get the Pro version for $400 from the website. It is a small cost for all its capabilities. Imagine being a professional appraiser, and instead of physically being at a worksite, just type in the address, and find it's dementions via-satellite! You can also see how your property has changed over time with the click of a button.
This tool has become more of a toy than a research tool to me, mainly because that is all I have used it for! I am looking forward to my chance to do some serious research with it, but until then, I am using it for recreation purposes only.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was really impressed with your presentation, Ruth. Now I know some new possibilites that Google offers. I plan to share it with some teachers who would love to learn about these features of Google.
ReplyDeleteto me google earth offers alot of good stuff that will help you do simple things and also makes it fun too look up stuff and things like that.
ReplyDelete