I had a particulary hard time finding ANYONE who did not use the internet in their daily lives. It would also seem that it is almost impossible to operate in our society without the use of the internet. When I asked several people the first question on our interview page, "Do you use the internet?", the recurring response I received over and over again was simply looking at me like I had lost my mind! Even my father, who is 72 years old, thought it was a ludicrous question, since it seems every spare moment of his time is spent on line, and he is retired.
The following are the results from the unnamed person I interviewed:
1) Do you use the internet?
Response: Yes
2) If yes, how often?
Response: Every day
3) What do you use it for?
Response: Facebook, YouTube, news, and research
4) Why do you not prefer to use the internet?
Response: Viruses, hackers
5) Do you have an internet connection?
Response: Yes, at home and at work
6) How much free time do you have?
Response: Very little
7) Do you not use the internet because you do not know how?
Response: NA
8) Does the internet seem user friendly to you?
Response: Yes
9) How would you like to see the internet change in the future?
Response: I'm not sure, I like it the way it is.
10) If you know how to use the internet, who taught you/how did you learn?
Response: I taught myself
11) What year did you graduate high school?
Response: 2006
12) When did you first learn about the internet?
Response: 8th grade
I actaully gave this survey to several people, and was shocked to find that, even though the interviewee above had just graduated in 2006, she had actually only started using the internet in the 8th grade! There could be several reasons for this, including parents' rules, having no home computer, etc. Most of those I gave the internet had taught themselves, which shows that the internet is effective, and easy to use for persons of any age or education level.
When my father began using the internet, it seemed as if it took him 30 minutes to type a single sentence. Presently, I might be ashamed to say, that he knows as much, if not more about the internet than I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment