While out learining environment has changed a bit over the semester, I feel the quality of the class has greatly improved. At the beginning of the semester, it seemed king of like an open forum. Everyone seemed to talk over each other while no one was really listening. People tended to veer off subject frequently, and we found ourselves running out of class time.
I like the way that the schedule has been updated, and how we have a class wiki page. It is nice to know that , if you are unsure of assignments, you can go back and double-check the wiki page in case you missed anything.
The blogs were a bit strange to me at first, but when I got the hang of it, it was much easier to do a class assignment posted to my blog, then have to stress about where I am going to find a printer to print off a hand-in assignment.
I think the learning environment that helped me the best was just being in class all together. My suggestion for the class might be to offer it as a Tuesday/Thursday class to help with time constraints. I think it woul help ensure that there is enough time to get to the subject on hand, as well as allowing everyone to contribute to class discussion.
All together, I have enjoyed the class this semester, and feel as if I have taken in a great deal of information, especially about my peers, that I had not in any of my previous classes. This class was definitely different than any other class I have taked, structurally, but I have enjoyed it in the long run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I too have found it nice how the class has become more focused over time and the ease of blogging. Convenience makes the classroom experience a lot better than it would be otherwise I think.
ReplyDeleteOverall, its been a great semester!
I fill the same way about how this class changed and how it kept people on topic. I like your suggestion that it be a Tuesday Thursday Class so that you have more class time. This would help when we are doing presentations and worried about everybody getting to theirs before class time is over. I had alot of fun in this class this semeter!
ReplyDelete