1. I mainly use the internet to look up information, or to do research. Since the internet is incredibly efficient, and easy to use, it is my number one source for general information. I don't even use phone books anymore, just whitepages.com. Other favorites of mine are Google and Wikipedia.
2. Social Networking! Since no one seems to be able to make a phone call anymore, or write a letter, especially if they live far away, social networking has become the answer to our click-of-the-button connectivity. As most of us know, MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter, have now become a part of most of our daily lives.
3. Internet Banking! I cannot express how easy internet banking has made my life. I no longer have to wait in line at the bank to deposit my check, or live with the fear that my electric bill will be past due, thanks to the internet. Direct deposit allows my money to be in my account right on time, and allows me access to my funds to pay bills at any time with instant affirmation.
4. Entertainment! Ahh...the laziness of it all! For a small fee each month, I can have access to just about any movie or TV serious out there, all from my home computer. The creators of Netflix, and Hulu have almost canceled out my need for a television all together. Even if I want to watch local news, I can simply go to their website and be just as informed, if not more, than those who wait on the regular 5, 6, or 10 o'clock broadcast.
5. Shopping! It is amazing how easily it is to be able to go to a store's website, and pick and choose items to buy without having to deal with crammed parking lots, adament salesmen, or screaming babies! Even better, depending on what you are willing to pay, you can even have next day delivery! The only way it could be more efficient, is if I could order groceries online, and have them show up on my doorstep within a couple of hours on the same day! I know, I know.....baby steps. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment